Coin Community Family of Web Sites
300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1863 Indian

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,077Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  7:29 pm Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I would appreciate if you guys could tell me what you see and what grade/worth it might be. I got it off ebay for around 10 bucks and I figured it was cleaned. Thanks....



1863-Indian



1863-Indian
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF40
Pillar of the Community
VisigothKing's Avatar
United States
4778 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice grab!

I have seen cleaned coins that looked a lot worse!
Pillar of the Community
Joe2007's Avatar
United States
3843 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I was way off my apologies, I'm new at this ... you guys don't give it a details grade? Is the light cleaning on this one market acceptable?
Edited by Joe2007
03/19/2012 10:58 pm
Bedrock of the Community
DVCollector's Avatar
United States
10045 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wondered if it was cleaned on Liberty, although a lot of normal gunk remains in the legends.
Rest in Peace
biggfredd's Avatar
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Joe2007!

If it was cleaned, they did a good job. I'd have no problem asking an xf price for it.
Bedrock of the Community
sel_69l's Avatar
Australia
21792 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would an acetone bath and VerdiCare help?
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what an acetone bath and Verdi-Care would do to a copper nickel. I would be afraid to try on this coin. Its been lightly cleaned is my guess but I sure like it. doesn't make my album but came close.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
CaptainFwiffo's Avatar
United States
4132 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO, it's the wrong color for a cupronickel Indian but it is still a pretty attractive coin, and it might just be the photo. Acetone would remove some kinds of darkening agents if they're present. Verdi-care does work on cupronickel (it's mostly copper), but I don't see any verdigris, so I don't think it would do anything to this coin.
Pillar of the Community
52Raymo's Avatar
United States
8534 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  11:11 am  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have orange plastic coverings on some of my LEDs to help cut the glare. I need to get a USB microscope that has controls for the lighting.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 1,077Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums