Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Proxibid Purgatory

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,996Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
CoinsKelly's Avatar
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  1:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have heard how sellers have gotten hosed again and again in ebay - they may want to check out Proxibid.

I won a non-coin item the last week of March. The auction company waited until the first week of April to charge my card, which expired at the end of March. I should have been more on top of things. I received an e-mail indicating they could not charge the card and updated my card. I responded to let them know on April 19 that is was updated, apologized for the mix up and thanked them for their patience.

Today, I got an e-mail from Proxibid telling me my account was in danger of being restricted because the auction house submitted a complaint against me! I called Proxibid, told them I had done what he had asked and they said the auction house would need to run the card.

I forwarded my previous e-mail to the auction house, copying the Dispute Resolution Proxibid e-mail address asking if there was a problem because I thought this had been taken care of.

The next e-mail was from Proxibid stating my account is restricted. I replied with a WTH, but nicely, and told them it was unfair that I was being dinged because of a dingbat (well, I was nicer than that). They replied that they would call the auction house.

I finally received an e-mail from the auction house stating that they tried to run the card April 19 and it would not go through - but it did to through this morning so all is good. They did apologize for not contacting me when they ran the card and it was declined. I personally don't think they did run it in April.

Sure, my account is restricted, all is good. Proxibid is definitely pro-seller!

Me thinks this would not have happened if it were a coin auction house - coin dudes and dudettes are cool.
Pillar of the Community
Tim Stroud's Avatar
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was doing the Proxibid thing there for a while a year or so ago myself, but after several bad buying experiences and buyers premiums of up to 20% I called it quits. I had a bid in on a butter churn for $45 on one auction and the final selling price was $45. Guess what, I did not win the bid . I contacted the auctioneer and was told that in house bids take priority over absentee bids, that is why I lost. No where did it say that under the "Conditions" listed for that auction. That was the last straw and I have not logged on since.
Edited by Tim Stroud
05/09/2012 7:08 pm
Rest in Peace
pls's Avatar
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2012  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had good luck with several auction houses via Proxibid, although you're right - the premiums can get right up there. Even had a $25 coin mailed to me in error by one auctioneer, who told me to keep it for my trouble, but I informed him that wasn't the way I roll and sent it back, insured.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,996Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums