Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Fake 2 Dollar Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 5,387Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Australia
515 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2012  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
enworb's Avatar
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2012  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good answer coin hunter
Pillar of the Community
Peter THOMAS's Avatar
Australia
2830 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2012  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never been fond of the $2 coin. But, thanks to CCF, some years ago, I became aware of the forgeries, so I always check my change for them: haven't found one yet.
If I found one, I'd keep it, so that would cost me $2. I wouldn't be willing to pay much more.

I think of counterfeits as near-numismatic curios. I wouldn't pay much for them, but I'd pay a little.

One theme to my collection is that I collect British coins of 1820. There were a lot forgeries in that era, so I've added a few of them to my collection. When I show them to a non-numismatist, and she/he has the forgery in hand, I point out that possession carried 14 years' transportation upto 1832; uttering, or coining, carried the death penalty. the last hanging for coining was in 1828. These facts seem to impress non-collectors far more than any of my genuine coins.

In previous discussions of forged $2, I think Nancy had caught a few "in the wild". But, I think Nancy handles cash in a shop, so she gets to see more coins than I do.

  Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 5,387Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums