Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

My First Gallienus Zoo Coins!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,412Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  01:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
You know how I have said, "I need to get one of those!", every time one of you guy's posts a Gallienus zoo coin? Well today I got a suprise at the local coin show. I was not expecting much but a V-coins dealer was there! Tons to look at and he had about six Gellienus zoo coins. I choose the two below!

Now I have two Zoo coins!

Note that green on #1 is encrustation not bronze disease. The dealer lists the coin as a Antoninianus SR10177, Rome Mint. This coin is pretty much toned as the photos show. You can see the silver that reamains. Check out that Centaur!

My-First-Gallienus-Zoo-Coins!

My-First-Gallienus-Zoo-Coins!

I purchased coin #2 for the reverse. I have wanted a pegasus for a while now. I could not leave this one behind!
The dealer lists this one as Antoninianus RIC 283.

My-First-Gallienus-Zoo-Coins!

My-First-Gallienus-Zoo-Coins!
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins
Pillar of the Community
Gil-galad's Avatar
United States
2044 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gil-galad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins and a nice start to a Gallienus Zoo collection. Centaur coins can get very expensive.
Pillar of the Community
Bing's Avatar
United States
4253 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start to the zoo series. Any coin that displays The Pegasus holds a special place in my estimation.
Pillar of the Community
Eng5858's Avatar
United States
1316 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eng5858 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


TjsCoins,

I love these zoo critters, your coins have nice detail, love the pegasus, awesome..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1315 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Doucet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad you have a zoo series going.

Your Pegasus coin has an unusually deep strike on the reverse image and the AVG but I wonder what happened to the rest of the legend?

Filled die perhaps?
Pillar of the Community
chrsmat71's Avatar
United States
5010 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2012  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chrsmat71 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those are great tj, both reverse are fantastic. I may have my own zoo coin to post pretty soon.....
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums