so I just started collecting bank notes (have almost 200$ face value in UNC-Gem varying from 1$ - 20$
I'm really confused with the "Printer" categories in Charlton.
example: I have a 1979 20$ bill (Thiessen/Crow)in CH UNC (51 serial number). in Charlton theres 4 different Category Numbers. BC-54c, BC-54cA, BC-54c-i, BC-54cA-i
I'm so confused as to how to tell how to price it (the value ect)
BC denotes Bank of Canada The number 54 denotes the series-1979 $20 The small c denotes the signatures- Thiessen Crowe The A is for replacement note The"i" means Bitish American Bank Note Company,no "i" is Canadian Bank Note Company
I don't have a catalogue handy,but somwhere near the series there will be a summary of technical details,this is what you use to identify your note before you check the price list.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning... -from PCGS website
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use