Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Dodgy Canadian Seller

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,770Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  12:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I bought these from Canada.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35069824966....m1497.l2649

I have NEVER before had a problem with Canadian sellers before, They seem to be a cut above the rest in my opinion.

All the coins I recived have been harshly cleaned and polished and are just rubbish.
I just checked his feed back and he has 34 negs in the last 12 months ( I know I know, I should have checked before )
This is simply a "heads Up" on this creep.
Now to make his negs total 35
Pillar of the Community
HippieOutcast's Avatar
United States
615 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HippieOutcast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't that a sealed set?
Moderator
Learn More...
Fuzzy317's Avatar
United States
14463 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  01:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
of the ones I have seen, that holder is not sealed. I believe it's just pockets for the coins.
Edited by Fuzzy317
02/14/2013 01:11 am
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  01:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
of the ones I have seen, that holder is not sealed. I believe it's just pockets for the coins.


Spot on Fuzzy, this is why I NEVER give away or chuck out the mint packaging when I transfer the coins into 2x2's.
It stops dodgy operators like this from filling them with junk coins and flogging them off as "Mint issue" coins.
This seller is a scumbag IMHO
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
9903 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  01:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
34 negatives in over 48,000 feedbacks is far fewer than 1 per thousand.Nothing that should ring alarm bells.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's lots of posting about this seller on the forum... let us know if you get a message stating you've been blocked after leaving feedback.

https://goccf.com/t/138350
Pillar of the Community
trout1105's Avatar
Australia
7096 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2013  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There's lots of posting about this seller on the forum... let us know if you get a message stating you've been blocked after leaving feedback.

i wish that I had read that thread before dealing with this seller
I just checked and yes I am blocked as well, fantastic now I am protected from inadvertantly bidding on any of this scumbags items
Edited by trout1105
02/14/2013 2:58 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,770Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums