Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

First Australian Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,771Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Jaobler's Avatar
United States
6443 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2007  11:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Just wanted to share my first Australian coin. No world gold collection should be without a Sovereign, so I figured I'd fill that hole with this common-date Melbourne gold piece. It's a lightly-circulated example with no problems that I see. It's still surprising to me that lovely old coins like this sell for little more than melt value. Seems like such a deal!

First-Australian-Coin

First-Australian-Coin
Pillar of the Community
hunter20ga's Avatar
United States
1173 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2007  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hunter20ga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sovereign! One of these days I've got to get some of those.
Pillar of the Community
scoutjim99's Avatar
United States
4589 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2007  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scoutjim99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a gorgeous Vicky!!!
Moderator
Learn More...
SsuperDdave's Avatar
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2007  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like it. You gotta be careful with those Sovereigns, though. They multiply. I wanted one for my collection, so I bought one, and before I knew it...

First-Australian-Coin

See the baby, on the top right? I told you they multiply.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1295 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2007  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice sovs. They do breed, dont they?
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,771Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Forums