Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Carolingian Coin Louis The Pious Colonia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,662Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
vince1977's Avatar
Netherlands
847 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2013  4:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Dear People,

I've got this very rare coin in my possesion, and I hope to get some tips to sell it. I've been contacted to Bruce Marsland. He does resaurch on Carolingian coins. And he told me it is this coin, when I got an determinated from an auction house.
I saw that an bad condition this coin where there are only 5 knows is sold for 1600 euro last year. This one is in good condition only misses a small piece. Ofcourse it depends on which auction house and the people who are interested.

Can anyone give me some good tips to sell this coin? I am an member of catawiki auction in the Netherlands but it is to small to sell an rare coin like this.

COLOGNE
Carolingian Mint
Louis the Pious, 814-840
Denar Cologne. 1.51 g + HLVDOVVICVS IMP Cross / / COLO / + / NIA.
Only five pieces in public collections.



Yes, indeed, this is a coin of Louis the Pious from Cologne, minted in his second period, between 816 and 823. I know of just six other finds: three in a famous 19th century from France , and three finds from the Netherlands: one in Wijk bij Duurstede, a single find from there, and another in Groningen. So it's great for me to know about one more find - I am trying to assemble as full a list as possible of all single finds from 751 to 864, and for this coin type of Louis the Pious in particular. I am just publishing a map of all known single finds of this second type, to give an idea of the productivity of the individual mints.



Carolingian-Coin-Louis-The-Pious-Colonia

Carolingian-Coin-Louis-The-Pious-Colonia
Pillar of the Community
vince1977's Avatar
Netherlands
847 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2013  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vince1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't got reactions I see. It should be this coin from the picture I post with this reaction. But it is not totally the same I see.. The cross is different in the circle.
Maybe someone knows more about this coin particularry?

Best wishes,
Vincent

Carolingian-Coin-Louis-The-Pious-Colonia
Bedrock of the Community
Joseph7420's Avatar
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2013  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's a grade you want, probably around F-12, mabe F-15.

If it's information you want, try posting this in the World Coins and Commemorarive form.
Edited by Joseph7420
12/06/2013 10:28 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,662Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Forums