Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Charles I Rose Farthing

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,677Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2013  4:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I purchased a rose farthing the other day. I didn't know that there were several different types of this coin. My Krause catalog doesn't have pictures of the different types. Can anyone more familiar with this series provide a close attribution? Thanks.

Charles-I-Rose-Farthing

Charles-I-Rose-Farthing
Pillar of the Community
Ben's Avatar
United Kingdom
4208 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2013  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea how to ID them, but I gotone in a lot of uncleaned romans once. Teensy little things (1/4p wouldve been not too shabby an amount at that time, as well).
Pillar of the Community
philadelphian's Avatar
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2013  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add philadelphian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This page may help, but your pics are too dark to read the legends. Looks like a single rose, sith sceptres crossed through a single arched crown, and I think I can make out a crescent mintmark after REX.
http://www.stuartroyalfarthingtoken...ses-type4-5/
Edited by philadelphian
09/15/2013 8:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1351 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2013  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have a peek at this site.
I always start off with Spinks and Coincrafts books.
http://www.stuartroyalfarthingtoken...ading-guide/
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,677Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums