Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1982 LMC - Partial Collar Error Or Other?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,821Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
jay4202472000's Avatar
United States
853 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2013  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jay4202472000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I found this '82 Large Date Copper Lincoln which, at first look, I assumed was a partial collar error. I did a little research on error-ref.com and now I am not sure. I am not sure what a partial collar broadstrike looks like, and I read that stiff collar errors are sometimes confused with partial collars. I just want to make sure I label it correctly and check off the correct error on that daunting list. Thanks all!

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?

1982-LMC---Partial-Collar-Error-Or-Other?
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2013  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's a die alignment error. A more extreme example can be found on error-ref under 'striking errors'.
Rest in Peace
pyrbob's Avatar
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2013  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics of the edge show it is a partial collar strike. Nice find.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 2,821Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums