Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1971-S , 1970-S And 1972-S Proof DDO's ?!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 4,716Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  01:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
The 1971-S is first;



1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!


Now the 1970-S


1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

and the 1972-S... alittle unsure about this one

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!

1971-S-,-1970-S-And-1972-S-Proof-DDO's-?!
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
whoooooie. I bought 65 proof sets from an organization about 4 months ago, and these are just a few coins that we have found as DDO's. I have a TON more to go through, and I have another 52 proof sets inbound as well. If two of these come back as DDO's then it may well pay for the past 65 sets by themselves. = )
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked over the 1970-S, and man, doesn't it look like a 1970-S that has a large date and small date combo ? I know that was done for the 1960's, but that type of error IS listed in the Cherry Pickers Guide for the 1970-S proof as well.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1971 looks like Machine Doubling. (They are struck more than once)

The 1970 looks like it might be a new listing for coppercoins. (I don't see a match there)

1972 looks like master die doubling.
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1971-S was extremely difficult to take pics of. These are shiny proofs, and I will attempt to re-shoot the pics in another post in the near future.
I agree on the 1972-S, I was iffy on that. I am even moreso after adjusting the background lighting of my monitor.
I purchased five 1972-S, six 1971-S and two 1970-S proof sets - along with many others (62) in that first bunch, and I lucked out on the 70-S proof.


The 1970-S, I was excited to see the weird doubling on the date. That one I am sending in to get graded, but I will see if I can get some really good pics of the coin before it gets slabbed. And just think, I was almost ready to buy a 1960-D small date/large variety. This one tops the one I was going to purchase, and I may put this one in the personal collection.
I'll ask Bob if he wants pics of this particular 1970-S proof variety.
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2013  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or Jason. He has the nicest one that year. The triple hubbed example.
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2013  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed Bob, I will give it a da or two. Then I will send it in with a handful of other DDO's to ANACS. I want to take advantage of the ANACS limited fall offer.

I looked over all the other 1970-S I had, and this one is the only one that has that small date/large date looked.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 4,716Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums