Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1783 Nova Constellatio Blunt

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 856Next Topic  
Valued Member
OLCoins's Avatar
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  01:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I am a novice at grading colonials (or most things for that matter). What does CCF think?

1783-Nova-Constellatio-Blunt

1783-Nova-Constellatio-Blunt
Moderator
Learn More...
vermontensium's Avatar
United States
16697 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  02:05 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Crosby 3-C

Nice coin! I'm calling this one VF35.

I would try to remove that verdigris on the obverse.
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wil agree with VF 35. That is a really nice coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
panzaldi's Avatar
United States
18940 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really cool coin. never had one. I was going to say VF30 or 35 but I'm no expert on these
Bedrock of the Community
Joseph7420's Avatar
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35.
Valued Member
OLCoins's Avatar
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2013  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OLCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vermont, I have begun to research dealing with verdigris. Is there any documentation you recommend? I have never tried to treat verdigris before.
Pillar of the Community
TJsCoins's Avatar
United States
3229 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2013  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TJsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would use an acetone soak for your coin. Make sure it is pure acetone, and not nail polish remover to avoid additives. Use in a well ventilated area. Let the coin air dry; no rubbing the surface.

Or you could consider one of the TPG conservation services. Your coin is of a quality that I would consider this.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 856Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Forums