Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Sassy Sallys Token Story?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,902Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Jaymon74's Avatar
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  12:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Thought I lost this one. Had it for years and haven't seen it for a while. All I know is that it's from Las Vegas, measures 41.40mm diam and 3.12mm thick. I haven't aquired another scale yet so I do not have an accurate weight. Jumps to a magnet. Anyone know anything?

Sassy-Sallys-Token-Story?

Sassy-Sallys-Token-Story?
Pillar of the Community
Collector-Corner's Avatar
872 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector-Corner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(Gasps!) What you've done in vegas stays in vegas.... Hehehehehehe.

I m sure a Token collector would be interested in something like this.
I don't know if the establishment is still alive or not. I am at a remote location and unable to search that phrase to see if it/was a errrr "long established establishment".


Maybe a google search could produce something, or the BBB in the Vegas area.
Edited by Collector-Corner
01/09/2014 2:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Jaymon74's Avatar
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I did do a search last night and I did see reference to an adult intertainment establishment in the erly 80's. I really didn't get too much more info other than that. I guess there was also a name change somewhere in there too. ebay didn't "reveal" anything on it.
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Jaymon74's Avatar
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually if you look at the "contributed by" it was submitted by me. I didn't need a lot of info to submit it, so I did. I was just really wanting to know things like, when was it used? what it was used for? Is it rare? etc.
Edited by Jaymon74
01/09/2014 3:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
fioti's Avatar
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are always on the bay, I've seen them being sold as cathouse tokens. But I'm not so sure after seeing this.
http://www.rachelleb.com/2007/12/05...y-vegas-vic/
Seems they were made for slots, as part of a marketing ploy.
Pillar of the Community
Jaymon74's Avatar
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaymon74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fioti, that's the same page I looked at last night. It's all the info I could find. I'll keep looking though. Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Circus's Avatar
United States
3079 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2014  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Circus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could also be a fantasy token,Faux token remake, as it is a steel slug it wouldn't be used in any kind of machine as the the coin ops have a magnet to kick out slugs. There was a guy that was selling them years ago at a flea market, with this equally fantastic story about a hoard found etc. Pure B.S. as the fantasy tokens were sold buy the 1,000's in the wholes sale sections of coin mag's
I will have to dig out one of the books and see if it is listed as a fantasy piece.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,902Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Forums