Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Two Small Silver Greek Ancients?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,144Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Topcat7's Avatar
1121 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2014  03:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I have these two small silver Greek Ancient coins.

I cannot identify them, and I would be surprised if anyone else can, but you have done so well in the past with putting me on the right road. . . .

Any help is appreciated.

Coin No. 1 AG11, Wt 0.6 gm


Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Coin No. 2 AG9 Wt 0.4 gm



Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?
Edited by Topcat7
10/10/2014 03:59 am
Pillar of the Community
ThisIsFun's Avatar
United States
2480 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2014  06:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThisIsFun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The second coin's reverse is unlike any archaic incuse I've come across and therefore I wonder about its authenticity. Maybe it's just something I've never seen-- I certainly come across such coins regularly :)

The first coin, if authentic, is going to be tough. The second image might be the correct orientation. Possible figures include winged man headed bull and other winged creatures. A good place to browse for possibilities is http://asiaminorcoins.com/ . Focus on Ionia, Caria, and Mysia for starters.
Edited by ThisIsFun
10/10/2014 06:15 am
Pillar of the Community
Topcat7's Avatar
1121 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2014  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Topcat7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I have filtered the light source for the photos and as a result I believe that I have a better set of photos for display. Any help, anyone can give that would help to attribute this coin is appreciated.

Here are the ones for the first coin.


Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

Two-Small-Silver-Greek-Ancients?

We have had some good fortune with coin No.2.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,144Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums