Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Unknown Copper Asian Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,169Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2014  11:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I know I have seen something like this before but I can't get any traction. I was originally thinking Ceylon because I swear that looks like the "octopus man" in the center. There is some doubling on the back. Maybe a hammered coin as the design is off center.

Unknown-Copper-Asian-Coin
Pillar of the Community
Medieval's Avatar
3772 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2014  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Medieval to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a Paisa from Nepal.
Pillar of the Community
allranger's Avatar
United States
1391 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2014  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Medieval. I hate to say it, but I always forget about Nepal.

http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/...-duid-313079

The coin I posted is from 1950 (AD 1893). I had it upside down in the original picture. The date is highlighted below (upside down right to left).

Unknown-Copper-Asian-Coin
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,169Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Forums