Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

War Nickel Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 3,313Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
scstrawn's Avatar
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  3:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add scstrawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
So I just got my microscope phone attachment and the same day I also got a lovely AU 45-s War Nickel. As I was looking at my precious through the phone, I noticed a lumpy spot on the B of Liberty. Being that I am relatively new, I looked to see if it was normal. I think this is some type of Cud, but I don't know how it would effect the value of it. (And yes, I know it's not likely to be a major find, but I'd still like to know.)

War-Nickel-Error?
Pillar of the Community
CaptainFwiffo's Avatar
United States
4132 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a minor die chip, a normal part of die wear.
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2015  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 3,313Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums