Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Arrg Why Do I Bother With Best Offers

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,867Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
OldSkoolMadSkilz's Avatar
United States
2077 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  4:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I know the subject has been discussed many times before, but I just received an offer that really irked me. I have a set of like new Library of Coins albums listed and they are gems. I may have priced them a little on the high side, but I've seen scrappy ones go for nearly as much. I just got an offer for a 3 piece set that had free shipping. The offer? Six dollars! Really? Shipping alone is double that. Some people.
Pillar of the Community
kanga's Avatar
United States
5825 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't forget, you can set a minimum for Best Offer below which ebay will automatically ignore it.
Cuts out the ridiculously low offers.
Pillar of the Community
OldSkoolMadSkilz's Avatar
United States
2077 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I need to do that. BTW, am I way high on the price for these?

Pillar of the Community
Tim Stroud's Avatar
United States
2661 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
BTW, am I way high on the price for these?


We are going to need a lot more info to answer that question. Like a link to the sale, or a description of what your selling and the price.
Pillar of the Community
OldSkoolMadSkilz's Avatar
United States
2077 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
We are going to need a lot more info to answer that question. Like a link to the sale, or a description of what your selling and the price.

Please click the ebay link right up there ^
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2015  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_sac...d&rmvSB=true

or use this link....although the little tiny ebay link works just fine.
Pillar of the Community
edweather's Avatar
United States
7379 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I get low offers like that, I just say, "Nice try, but no thank you." I must confess I'm guilty of going on a fishing expedition now and then. I don't take it personally when I get a lowball offer.
Pillar of the Community
jerseyben's Avatar
United States
1211 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerseyben to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When people make a lowball offer they are usually trying to give you a hint about your prices or they are looking for your bottom price.
Pillar of the Community
OldSkoolMadSkilz's Avatar
United States
2077 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add OldSkoolMadSkilz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking I may have been a bit overenthusiastic with the pricing. I'm going to let it ride a bit and then drop them down. I'll keep them as fixed price. I've found that auctions are terrible for these types of items. If it's up during a week where only one person is interested, it ends up selling at the start price.
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2015  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just remembered that I made a really low offer on something. It was the first time I was making an offer and I wasn't exactly certain how the whole thing worked so I just made sure that it was really low in case I did have to pay up on the item. I never heard from the seller and the seller accepted another offer and that was that.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,867Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Forums