Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1878-P 7/8 Grade It Please@new Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,034Next Topic  
Member
amac44's Avatar
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2007  11:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add amac44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
If you would please grade this

Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878obv-full-coin.jpg
64.13 KB

Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878Eye.jpg
68.78 KB

Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878rev-1.jpg
85.96 KB

Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878-full-rev.jpg
67.66 KB

Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878croped-new.jpg
74.46 KB

Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878croped-new.jpg
74.47 KB

Image: 1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures 1878new.jpg
84.51 KB

Image Insert:
1878-P-7/8---Grade-It-Please@new-Pictures


Edited by amac44
10/08/2007 09:45 am
Pillar of the Community
Bonedigger's Avatar
United States
1267 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2007  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bonedigger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well sir, if it hasn't been in a pocket or saddlebag, I'd have to say MS-64... Beautiful coin. Thanks for sharing pictures.

Take Care
Ben
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2007  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would really need bigger pictures to tell you what the grade is but I think with the pictures of the bottom of the eagles wings I may be able to tell you what specific VAM it is later after I have fed the little one
Pillar of the Community
United States
2600 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2007  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim1953 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
44, it looks to be a great coin. Bigger pics of the whole coin would be helpful. Cannot really see the fields well, but if they are as clean as they look, I would go ms-63/64. The ding on the rim on the reverse at 2:00 would keep me from grading higher. A bigger pic would help there, also.
Jim
Pillar of the Community
SeatedNut's Avatar
United States
2797 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Angelo,

In the title you called this a 7/8. It sure looks like an 8TF to me ... and that's a good thing. It also appears to have the diagnostics of a VAM-14.1, but larger pictures would help. I also share the consensus for an MS-63/64. Nice catch.
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
seatednut that is exactly what it is a 8TF but I didn't want to be the one to point that diagnostic out to him because I didn't want him to think I was calling him wrong again so was hoping someone else would bring it to his attention so we could move forward from there. I also want to point out you are also correct in it being an "alligator eye" variety which is the VAM-14.1 I had a big long speech and scans from the book to show it is in fact this specific VAM but no need to do so now because I am just now confirming your finds. Again thanks for pointing out to amac44 that this is a 8TF instead of a 7/8TF
Edited by Bryan1315
10/09/2007 5:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
SeatedNut's Avatar
United States
2797 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
zacharycash's Avatar
United States
668 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zacharycash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan, your dansco 7070 looks great... I think I want to start one now
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I will tell you I was almost burnt out on collecting VAM's before I started it and it was that album that sparked my interest in collecting again. I have three other coins for it coming soon, a Barber half, a type1 SLQ and a type 3 1 dollar gold coin all graded MS-61 by PCGS
Edited by Bryan1315
10/09/2007 7:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
zacharycash's Avatar
United States
668 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zacharycash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how much is a dancsco 7070 album?
Bedrock of the Community
Bryan1315's Avatar
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2007  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here is one of the best prices I have found unless you maybe find something on ebay http://www.danscoalbumstore.com/707...fd6b791581ab
Member
amac44's Avatar
United States
3242 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2007  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add amac44 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Folks
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,034Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Forums