Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,411Next Topic
Page: of 1872
Pillar of the Community
CoinCbass's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2014  05:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Arby - you can sell the gold plated ones on ebay for about 3$ each or so. You could clear a few hundred on the amount you found. Would sell em all or most if I were you.

Just wanted to be sure you knew

Nice finds.
Valued Member
coinsrus1000's Avatar
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2014  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsrus1000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
two boxes,, no silver but more boxes on order
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2014  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CoinCbass, glad I held on to them, I will keep that in mind. I have been holding onto the holed coins and counterstamped ones, I think once I get $500 in face value I will do a dump all at once and pick up a new box to search. I thought about seeing if I could get a book filled with all holed coins and counterstamped coins just to see if I can. See what this hobby does to someone. Crazy!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
06/25/2014 12:22 pm
Pillar of the Community
1325 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2014  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 1972 I think is silver plated I just leave laying in the floor and I put one of my holed ones on a keyring just to have something to do with them.

it would be interesting to see someone make a set of the gold-plated ones. if you got that many try doing it?
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2014  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today the luck continues, crack 4 boxes and Box-1 yielded 1-64D, 1-66, 1-67, 4-68 and 1-69, Box-2, 1-67, and 1-68, Box-3, 1-68, and Box-4, 2-68 and for the second time this week I pulled another 76S Silver coin. I also pulled 6-NIFC, 2-Balboas and 8 coins with holes I think that is the most I have pulled on a search. I also pulled another 74D DDO. Very happy with these 4 boxes. I pick up another 4 boxes tomorrow, hope the luck keeps going. Another good week. Don't give up and remember to 'LOVE THE HUNT"!


JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
06/25/2014 5:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2014  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just finished my last four boxes for the week, Box 1, 2, and 4 were skunks for silver, Pulled 1-65 out of box 3. There wasn't much in these 4 boxes, 2-holed, 1-counterstamped (heart), 1-74D DDO that makes my 40th 74D DDO I have found since I have been searching, and 1-NIFC an 07P. All in all a nice week. Hope you all do well. Have a great weekend, looking forward to seeing what everyone posts. Remember "LOVE THE HUNT"!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
06/26/2014 5:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2014  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
4 boxes.

1 box had a 40% ender and a Franklin ender.

I ended up with 3 boxes that had at least on silver.

11 40%ers, 3 1964's, 1 Walker, a Franklin, a proof Franklin, a chrome plated, and a gold plated counterstamped.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds

Valued Member
Oysterk's Avatar
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2014  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oysterk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul, Jack Jeckel. I can't wait to find a walker.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2014  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Arby

They sure like to hole coins by you

I think I went through a spell of maybe 2 per 4 boxes at a sitting for a while but wow.

An who marks a Balboa with nail polish and throws it back?
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2014  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jack nice score, Really like that Proof Franklin, is that a 61? Haven't pulled a Proof Franklin yet, I love seeing other get nice coins, that gives me hope that I will continue to see more silver. I definitely ran into a bunch of holed coins this week. I've got 6 of the Balboa coins now the oldest one is a 1976, they're kind of cool, They are nicer looking than some of the other foreign coins I have pulled. Keep posting and remember to "LOVE THE HUNT"!
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
06/27/2014 12:30 am
Pillar of the Community
berto's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2014  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on vacation out of state and have looked through 6 boxes of halves so far...Found silver, but only 2, 1965s and 1-1908 Barber. The Barber is only my second after looking through about 50 boxes. Overall, finds have been slim. This time, for the first time ever, I paid $7.50/box for 4 of my boxes, so I am losing money, but hey, this is part of my vacation and I think it is fun Good news is I have 6 more boxes to look through and will be dumping using bags for no fee

Have fun everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2014  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 boxes.

1 40%er and some NIFC.
Pillar of the Community
Silver Eagle's Avatar
United States
868 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2014  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the barber!

6 boxes tonight and there was silver in each box. I ended up with 24 40% silver. Happy hunting to all!
Pillar of the Community
arby96's Avatar
United States
2111 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2014  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
24-40%ers is a nice haul Silver Eagle, love to see those numbers. I want to see someone hit a monster box, its been a while since that has happened. Wishing you all the best of luck. Have a great weekend.

I think we need some new Smilies added. lol
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Edited by arby96
06/28/2014 02:17 am
Valued Member
Copper Penny Connection's Avatar
United States
415 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2014  02:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Copper Penny Connection to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what is nifc
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,074 / Views: 2,338,411Next Topic
Page: of 1872

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Forums