Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

JFK Half Dollar Roll Hunters: Silver, Proofs And Other Finds

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,452Next Topic
Page: of 1873
Pillar of the Community
CoinCbass's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was 5000 wheats. 2 2500 packages. One packages was loaded w older wheats, the columbian exposition half and an 03 IHC. The other package was mostly 40-58 wheats. I was stoked on the half
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know we're straying here a bit but can I ask where you purchased 2500 per packages of wheats? Just curious. I might want to purchase some in the future. Any key dates?

OO
Pillar of the Community
halfhunter's Avatar
United States
530 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfhunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good week for me. I searched 24 boxes


(61) 40%
(2) 90%, ken and walker

(10) proof
(1) 1982 no fg

(1) 1984 low ball slick

(1) batting cage token

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tpmjr2004 - I'm waiting on my first true DDO too, and I've done over 200,000 halves
Valued Member
WVBlueandGold's Avatar
United States
131 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WVBlueandGold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ran into another collector at my dump bank named Joe. I asked if he was having any luck. He showed me some of his score from this morning. 4 Walkers, 6 Franklins and a couple of nice older foreign coins. He said he also found a TON of 40% Kennedys. He said these were his best boxes in several months. After I finished my dump, I went to the bank to pick up my boxes. No one could find them. After some discussion it was discovered that the manager had sold them earlier in the day. I asked who bought the boxes. Yep. Joe. Just my luck.
Pillar of the Community
BernieZ's Avatar
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BernieZ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's AWFUL! I'd be all over them.
Pillar of the Community
CoinCbass's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay. One pack of 2500 had loads of older wheats, the half and the IHC. The other pack of 2500 was crap - mostly 40-58's

I haven't looked for keys yet. I was literally looking to go through all of them and pull out all the 40-58's. now that those are sorted, I will check all the 39 and older coins.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gold panner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
my last two boxes for the week=0
Pillar of the Community
Gothic Florin's Avatar
United States
2541 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice score Chuckster. I wish I had time for 6 boxes, or one for that matter....
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 boxes today.

No silver, 2 more holed coins 1 plugged (what is going on with all of these holes lately?), 2 proofs, 1 heavily worn, and 1 ground up and gouged.

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
attn everyone:

if anyone is looking to get any coins graded, you are more than welcome to use my NGC account. I can send you the pre-serial numbered fillable PDF files to fill out with your information. they are only good for 1 shipment, and the forms just need coin details, your return address and payment info. they automatically calculate your total cost too.

it does require a 5 coin minimum for 1955+ though. minimum per coin is $14. any earlier years do not require a minimum number of coins.

if you are interested please message me and I will give you more detailed info and send you a 1-time invoice.
Valued Member
mrlandpirate's Avatar
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrlandpirate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got a box today, same bank different branch.Great box
2/67-40%
2/68-40%
1/64-90%
1/83S proof
10 NIFC
1 roll of AU/BU gem 76's
and up graded at least 15 coins in my books,never seen so many AU coins in a box!
I'm HAPPY!! lets dance

JFK-Half-Dollar-Roll-Hunters:-Silver,-Proofs-And-Other-Finds
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2013  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bishftl

I'd be interested in the grading if you want to shoot me an email with the details.

I have to work tomorrow and I REALLY REALLY need to do my taxes on Sunday but I hope to be able to go through the rest of my NIFC to see what else I have to trade.
Pillar of the Community
chuckster 125's Avatar
United States
4113 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2013  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds halfhunter!

Gothic: Thanks!





Pillar of the Community
kenscott's Avatar
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2013  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenscott to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to see the great finds. Hopefully, my boxes this week will reverse my recent trend and will produce something of note.
  Previous TopicReplies: 28,081 / Views: 2,340,452Next Topic
Page: of 1873

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Forums