Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

You Vs. ICCS....1956 Silver Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,811Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
wireman09's Avatar
Canada
972 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  02:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wireman09 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Another coin I recently received back from ICCS. I will post the flip and results tomorrow. Good Luck

You-Vs.-ICCS....1956-Silver-Dollar

You-Vs.-ICCS....1956-Silver-Dollar
Edited by wireman09
05/12/2015 08:46 am
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  05:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah.. darn plastic, you can't tell if the marks are on the plastic or the coin.
MS-63
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  07:46 am  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
kinda hard to tell but I think ICCS gave her a 64, I can easily see them forgiving the cheek and neck, especially with those fields. I don't look at '56s that often but I must say that one has a great strike!
Feel free to call me Will.
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on the edge between 63 and 64, but I'll say MS63.
Bedrock of the Community
JimmyD's Avatar
Canada
21913 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to say MS63 but I think I will go with MS64.
Nicely struck coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1461 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
Pillar of the Community
DEVLEC's Avatar
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS 64...
Pillar of the Community
Paulsz's Avatar
Canada
2187 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im at 64
Pillar of the Community
Pokermandude's Avatar
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2015  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pokermandude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64
Pillar of the Community
wireman09's Avatar
Canada
972 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  03:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wireman09 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also was hoping it might have come back as MS64.

You-Vs.-ICCS....1956-Silver-Dollar
Pillar of the Community
DEVLEC's Avatar
Canada
3234 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DEVLEC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to throw a 64 in here...because I've seen some very rough and baggy larger coins come back from ICCS a few years back as 64's or 65's.. and this dollar is very nice indeed..

I was shocked at the grade-creep in the last 10 years..so...

"follow the bouncing ball"..should be our new motto.. in the coin grading business..
Pillar of the Community
thedollarman's Avatar
Canada
4912 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2015  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've seen some very rough and baggy larger coins come back from ICCS a few years back as 64's or 65's


ESPECIALLY on 1939s, I understand that they have larger, flatter reverse fields but I still see them butchering the grades on them 1939s! I saw an MS-65 that was in my eye no more than a 62!
Feel free to call me Will.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 1,811Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums