Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes.








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Help With 1936 Half Crown

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,337Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Rollsearcher37's Avatar
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2015  11:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rollsearcher37 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
This is not my coin, but I am considering purchasing it. I have two questions; what do you think it would grade, and is $20 too much to pay? I personally think it grades in the high EF to low AU range. Thoughts?

Help-With-1936-Half-Crown

Help-With-1936-Half-Crown
Pillar of the Community
Bacchus2's Avatar
United Kingdom
2933 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2015  07:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. differences in grading. I'd have said VF or VF+
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1351 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2015  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nailed on VF retail £7 (about $10/$11)
Pillar of the Community
United States
937 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2015  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tryna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well in the Uk that would grade as good very fine, I think. In the US it would br XF. I do not see it as AU. It is hard to put exact dollar amounts on British coins but I would pay $20 for it and not be sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1351 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2015  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peter1234 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The obverse is less than VF and reverse brings it up.
Similar coins sell for peanuts.
$20 how many do you want?
As a buyer I would expect it will make $7 But I would want a better example.$20 should get you a UK EF/AU plus.
Pillar of the Community
Rollsearcher37's Avatar
United States
1295 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2015  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rollsearcher37 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your opinions!

I think I'm going to pass on this one, and look for a better example.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums