Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Radar Before LCS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,154Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2015  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
On my way to me regular Saturday morning visit to my LCS, I stopped to deposit some cheques at the RBC machine and this came out with my cash back. It's circulated with a few folds, but I thought it was a good omen for the start of the day.

Radar-Before-LCS

I walked into the store, told the owner and he said, "Here, put that in a sleeve" handing me a currency sleeve.
Pillar of the Community
kuh_85's Avatar
Canada
2366 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2015  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in Peace
Buddy's Avatar
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2015  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must be your lucky day!



It's always nice to see some good news.
Bedrock of the Community
SHAFTA9a's Avatar
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2015  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bill chequer..

What did you pick up at the LCS?
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2015  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What did you pick up at the LCS?


Not too much. Just added to my stash of nickel dollars and 50 cent pieces and a 20x glass to help looking at mint marks (found the 10x just wasn't cutting it).
Moderator
Learn More...
SPP-Ottawa's Avatar
Canada
10476 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2015  11:30 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just added to my stash of nickel dollars



Soooo.... tell us more about the stash?
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 08/30/2015  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Soooo.... tell us more about the stash?


Nothing too exciting. I've been getting local nickel dollars and halves at face, but since I'm going through 50+ pounds of wheat cents first, I don't have the time to search the dollars for varieties and such, so they're adding up. I'm afraid to count how many there are because as long as I don't know, I can't tell the wife how much cash is just sitting there! I'm excited to look through them though (and I have your Charlton as my reference).
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2015  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received this back from the teller two days ago ... I'm on a roll!

Radar-Before-LCS
Pillar of the Community
Harmonica's Avatar
Canada
1118 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2015  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Harmonica to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are on a roll chequer! I only found one radar, it was a brand spankin' new crisp fiver. I stuck it in a little L.D.S. pamphlet some Mormons dropped off the day before to keep it good until I got myself a currency sleeve but my father chucked it in the trash (unknowingly).

As for nickel dollars and halves, I gave them out in change at the New Brunswick day coin stand. It was a favourite especially considering there are no local coin stores and the dealers here charge you $2 for EF-45f dollars....
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 2,154Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Forums