Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Which SLQ Do You Like Better?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 2,912Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  9:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Poll Question
I seem to have accidently bought a 1917 type I SLQ recently when I did not realize that I already had one in a similar grade. I have decided to sell one, but I can't decide which one to keep and which one to sell. Which one do you like better?

Coin A


Which-SLQ-Do-You-Like-Better?

Which-SLQ-Do-You-Like-Better?


Coin B

Which-SLQ-Do-You-Like-Better?

Which-SLQ-Do-You-Like-Better?


thanks everyone!

Poll Choices
 Coin A
 Coin B

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
ChildOfTheWheat's Avatar
United States
5828 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChildOfTheWheat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I chose coin "A", because I just like it better. Coin "B" would grade higher, though...
Bedrock of the Community
paralyse's Avatar
United States
12057 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with the scratch on the reverse coin B has superior eye appeal.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
RK55's Avatar
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Check RK55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add RK55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like coin B.
Bedrock of the Community
Joseph7420's Avatar
Canada
11922 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin A gets my vote.
Pillar of the Community
Bertensgrad's Avatar
United States
1192 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2015  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bertensgrad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
B obverse is far better. Just don't like the scratch
Pillar of the Community
CopperCastle's Avatar
United States
1132 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CopperCastle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can't even make out TRUST or UNITED STATED on A.
B no contest
Edited by CopperCastle
09/24/2015 12:34 am
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was leaning toward coin B myself, but that scratch made me reconsider. I think I will sell coin A and upgrade coin B when I have more money available.

Thanks again!
Edited by CoinCollector2012
09/24/2015 10:32 am
Bedrock of the Community
paralyse's Avatar
United States
12057 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell both and buy a nice F-low VF example.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Rest in Peace
T-BOP's Avatar
United States
18456 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sell both and buy a nice F-low VF example.

I agree . I fail to understand why one would even want a dateless scratched SLQ .
unless that's all you can afford .
Pillar of the Community
CoinCollector2012's Avatar
United States
8137 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much would an F-15 coin cost?
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put both in a hat and pull the keeper because I cannot decide.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1450 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add terry8835 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a set of LSQ's except for a few of the rare ones. I would not buy one without a date. If the coin does not have a pretty strong date I don't want it. The fact so few coins before 1925 have worn off dates is what makes these coins expensive and hard to collect for a decent price. I don't believe a SLQ in Good condition before 1925 exists. The only ones I see before 1925 that have a date are usually rated VF or EF. The coins I see on ebay that are supposed to be VF are just in VG because you can just read the date. The definition of a "G" rating is to be able to read the date. That is hard to find in a "G" SLQ or even a "VG" coin. You can find SLQ's before 1924 in F, VF and EF condition without too much trouble. They are not cheap, but not expensive in F condition.
Pillar of the Community
Neo13x's Avatar
United States
604 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Neo13x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I vote coin B, the scratch doesn't bother me that much.
Bedrock of the Community
paralyse's Avatar
United States
12057 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1917 in a problem free low VF should be around $70. Drop down to F12-F15 and $50 or even lower if you get lucky on an auction.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2015  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 2,912Next Topic
Page: of 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Forums