Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1955-D Reverse Doubling Or Just Machine Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,097Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
CoinCents's Avatar
United States
3656 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  6:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hi
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. Great football games too!! I am from Chicago so I love the Bears no matter what - great game last night.

Anyways, I got this new microscope looking magnifier thing with built in lighting that hooks directly to my computer so I can take some close up pics. I have been going through my coins and had this one set aside. But, now that I am learning a little (I think) more I think it may just be one of those machine errors. I looked on the Wexler sight and there was nothing for DDR - so what do you all think?

Thanks for your time


1955-D-Reverse-Doubling-Or-Just-Machine-Error?

1955-D-Reverse-Doubling-Or-Just-Machine-Error?

1955-D-Reverse-Doubling-Or-Just-Machine-Error?

1955-D-Reverse-Doubling-Or-Just-Machine-Error?

1955-D-Reverse-Doubling-Or-Just-Machine-Error?
Pillar of the Community
Rackster's Avatar
United States
4809 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rackster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like Machine Doubling.

Your magnifier thing takes a very good picture. I have a USB Microscope and would rather shoot my pic's with the camera in the phone.
Pillar of the Community
coin197's Avatar
United States
1970 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin197 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks very shelf like. It is Machine Doubling. Just keep it, you will get less than 5 cents from a dealer.
Pillar of the Community
chequer's Avatar
Canada
4227 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Machine Doubling.
Pillar of the Community
CoinCents's Avatar
United States
3656 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2015  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. I appreciate your time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 1,097Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Forums