Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,744Next Topic
Page: of 890
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2011  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Radarcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 5 rolls from the bank today. I keep everything 1959 and older. This usually results in 2, maybe 3 nickels from each set of 5 rolls searched.

WooHoo, a 1955-D/S! It could probably benefit from an acetone bath, but I'm very happy with this find. Back to the bank tomorrow for another 5 rolls!

Bob
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2011  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! And YES 200 pages! Thank you CND!


Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went through an entire roll of nickels.. It was all the on-campus bank had :P

Found a 1959-D.
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply


The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

This thing popped up today. Do you guys get this coin very often?
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was in a CWR of nickels. Same size as our nickel.
Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The searcher who writes one of the blogs I read seems to find them every now and again.
I have one.. but I picked it up overseas. (In the Philippines of all places!)

I think they're cool coins
Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth about 40 cents, I believe..
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2011  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few of those, maybe 3 from searching.

Picked up $120 in Bank and CWR from two banks today. Will post results later but already found a 1942-D!
Pillar of the Community
murrellington's Avatar
United States
3276 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add murrellington to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't found one of those coins yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonNickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Radarcoin,

I have never heard of a 1955d/s. Since they didn't mint any 1955s, I'm surprised such an error could exist.
Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
dropped my two buffalo ND's in vinegar for 8 days so far.
1920 and 1918 no m/m's.

Will they get clearer the longer I leave them or should I take them out. One is turning burnt red in some areas.

these are the pre-vinegar images. Dont have camera for photos anymore.

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!

The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Edited by bishftl
10/08/2011 12:33 am
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  08:32 am  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i missed something - where is that 20 pence coin from? I've never seen one, but would be happy to find one!

I have a ND buffalo in vinegar, it's been a week and still no date. how long do I leave it in?

Pillar of the Community
bishftl's Avatar
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bishftl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mine has been in vinegar for 8 days now. Dates are visible now but I'm leaving them for a couple more days.
Valued Member
tamshowoff's Avatar
United States
326 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  10:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamshowoff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
robutto- I believe the 20 pence is from England. I checked back in the foreign coin forum and located the same coin. Nice looking coin and well worth the 5 cents.
Pillar of the Community
coinsearcher83's Avatar
United States
1361 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2011  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bishftl: In my opinion, if you can see the dates on the buffalos, they might as well be taken out. Sometimes, however, a little longer in the vinegar could bring out some more details,

If they are changing colors, I'd take them out.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,079,744Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Forums