Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

The Goal: 25,000 Rolls Of Nickels (All Searchers Welcome!)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,080,255Next Topic
Page: of 890
Pillar of the Community
rachums107's Avatar
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2012  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Box #63
1-silver 1943P-makes 40! one roll!!
no buffs
no foregn
no proofs
no Vs

Dates
1938
1941-S (2)
1958

Pillar of the Community
SDcoinguy's Avatar
United States
2424 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice rachums


did another 15 bucks...

nothing!
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
195854 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a Buffalo nickel for the first time in about two to three months. The date is nearly gone, but it looked to be a 1916D, and the best part is I only bought $4 worth of nickels at the bank, both machine rolled.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
ancientcoinguy's Avatar
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got $40 in nickels today. Results:

1939
1940
1945 P
1946
1947 D
1948 D
1953
1953 D
1954 D x2
1957
1959 D

The war fell out of the very first roll, so I guess you could say it was all downhill from there. Besides, 12 pre '60 in $40 is atrocious compared to my normal average. Oh well, thats what keeps it interesting!
Valued Member
Jdot's Avatar
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2012  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did a box today with an unusual amount of S mint marks for my area. Found these hole filers:

40s
41d
47s
49s
54s
56d

Also found 2 dateless buffs in the box. One is a D mint but neither looks likely to have a date pulled off it no matter what.
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2012  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CPC24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been hunting nickels on and off, but haven't found anything worth posting about. I went to a different bank today, and got $20 worth. Best batch in a while.

44P-in the first roll!
53
57
59D
Pillar of the Community
Owassokie's Avatar
United States
622 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Owassokie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a very unique and good box of nickels last night. I found a 45D, a really nice Buffalo 1935 S. The weird part is that I found 8 1939 S mint nickels in the one box! No 38's or 50's or 55's. Just 8 39S. When I find something unique, I always try to imagine how it happened. I can't imagine this was just dump luck. I believe they were dumped, probably on accident or maybe leftovers from an estate. I've been through about 20 boxes of nickels and not found a single 1939 S until last night. I'm glad to have them!

Owassokie
Valued Member
NYBrian84's Avatar
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NYBrian84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt finding all of those in one box was just luck, too. Good finds!
Valued Member
wildspinx's Avatar
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wildspinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice finds! I would bet on the estate likelihood also!
Pillar of the Community
unholyroller's Avatar
United States
1903 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add unholyroller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Owassokie...re-read what you wrote....it was DUMP luck! Lol
Valued Member
Left's Avatar
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Left to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All my other nickel finds were from a few rolls here or there I got my first box
and got 2 full date buffs and 2 silver nickels
Pillar of the Community
Kefiroth's Avatar
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kefiroth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched yet another $100 of nickels today. Finds worth noting were a MS 1959, and a 1949S.
Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2012  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JonNickelCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eight 1939s in one box. Must have been CWrs.Definitely a dump.

Our box tonight yielded:
1951s
1942P silver
Pillar of the Community
Ricardocody's Avatar
United States
1204 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ricardocody to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I searched hard this week but the best I found was = a badly corroded 1917 buffalo ,42P,44P ,2002S proof almost intact and below pics ..
The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome! The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome! The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome! The-Goal:-25,000-Rolls-Of-Nickels-All-Searchers-Welcome!
Edited by Ricardocody
04/14/2012 05:13 am
Pillar of the Community
robbudo's Avatar
United States
2760 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2012  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check robbudo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add robbudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i don't see a Blakesley effect on that clip? :/
  Previous TopicReplies: 13,339 / Views: 1,080,255Next Topic
Page: of 890

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Forums