| Author |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,010 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2130 Posts |
What do you think she graded? I really liked this piece of civil war history.  
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6447 Posts |
Fair-2. It could be even more worn and still have a legible date and mintmark so it's not Poor. You could crack it out and carry it as a pocket piece if you want that Poor grade!
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
637 Posts |
FR-02 looks about right. Not PO and AG just don't seem right, but could be wrong.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10982 Posts |
NGC seems a tad more liberal with the PO1 grade than is PCGS but I'm still guessing FR2. Is it a Confederate issue? :)
|
|
Rest in Peace
United States
17900 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12057 Posts |
Fair 2, obverse is a few months from a Poor 1. Looks like the die crack is present from the star directly left of the face.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC - CCT #890 "Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11922 Posts |
The obverse looks FR-2 while the reverse looks PO-1. I could see it going either way, but I am leaning more towards FR-2.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37206 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
8137 Posts |
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
94367 Posts |
It's a coin flip to me, but a most interesting coin for sure.
Edited by Coinfrog 01/16/2016 5:10 pm
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
2130 Posts |
NGC graded this FR-2. You guys were spot on.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
3843 Posts |
Well I'm a bit late to the party but I would have guessed FR-2.
|
| |
Replies: 11 / Views: 1,010 |
|