Would this be caused by lamination problem? Right Half of the coin is normal and basically the left side is not. No problems on the reverse, at first I thought it was dipped in something.
Note on the "WE" and bust how it flows under this areas? That tells me that the field on the die suffered some damage. Not sure what is going on under the bust? I do see a hair on the coin in that area.
Sorry about the hair, my kitten likes to be on my lap while I am working and I guess one of her hairs got up on my desk.
What I was mostly referring to was the finish difference between the 2 sides of the Obverse. The left seems to have, for lack of a better word, scratches and is different in color. On the left side also I see maybe indications of the worn die rim damage that occurs (pic. #2) - maybe this left side represents die abrasion scratches? On the right side I don't see the worn die rim damage pic # 7 (as I call it). The rim damage only seems to be between those to areas that I marked "WE" and at the bottom of the bust just past the VDB.
Just very curious because it is only on the front left side of the coin.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use