I don't see this one listed anywhere so I am guessing MD, but the devices don't appear to be flat especially the doubling at the eye. Curios as to what you all think ?
I would like to see images of this coin with a single light source. When you use two lights, it removes light and shadows. (if you have an issue with a secondary unwanted light source, identify the direction with you hand, then tape a facial tissue blocking the un-wanted light source. The tissue will block it. I also use bond paper for this purpose also)
I put a paper towel over the other light. Do these images look better or should I try something else. I found one other in the roll like this one. If this one is a keeper, I go back through and find the other one. Thanks for you help.
It looks normal from what I can see. If it were a doubled die, then the area inside of the bust would be affected, not the edge of the bust: Here you can see the area affected. Not the edge of the bust, but inside the bust area: On your coin it looks like the outside edge of the bust is affected: Note the difference? The area on the bust inside the edge of the bust. You have something like this coin: Note the images on the right.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use