Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Delmatius Nicomedia Deal

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,045Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1047 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  10:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Biancasdad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I was pleased to snipe this one for $11

Nicomedia - RIC VII 204 - R4

FL DELMATIVS NOB C, Laureate draped and cuirassed
GLOR-IA EXERC-ITVS, Two soldiers between one standard, o on banner,

Mint Mark: SMNE
Delmatius-Nicomedia-Deal
Edited by Biancasdad
03/25/2016 10:15 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34563 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2016  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2016  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gee, I wish my Delmatius looked this good. You got a great deal on it.
Pillar of the Community
lrbguy's Avatar
United States
949 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2016  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lrbguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing your coin reminded me of a project I was working on for a while but never finished. I had it in mind to get an example of this type for Delmatius from every mint that issued one for him. I have all but Lyons, Trier, and Aquilea. However, for two mints, Thessalonica and Nicomedia, the name of this Caesar was spelled with an A on some coins and an E on others:
FL DALMATIVS NOB CAES (Nicomedia only)
FL DALMATIVS NOB C (Thessalonica only)
FL DELMATIVS NOB C (both mints) as on your coin here.

I have both types for Thessalonica but for Nicomedia I have only the first, with the "A" spelling. So if I was on the ball, I would have been a contender for your coin.

At $11 - nice catch!
Edited by lrbguy
03/26/2016 2:42 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 1,045Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums