Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsCoin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Japan Meiji Yr 9 - 1876 Trade Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,557Next Topic  
New Member

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2016  01:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add yudeology101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hello,

I've been doing some research on this coin that I have from my parents (they're retired coin collectors) but something doesn't seem right so I wanted to get some guidance:



Japan-Meiji-Yr-9---1876-Trade-Dollar

Japan-Meiji-Yr-9---1876-Trade-Dollar


From all the pictures I've seen on this coin (1876), I see like three Kanji characters on one side and " Trade dollar" on the other side or "1 Yen", but on mine says "One Yen" in Kanji on one side and " Trade dollar" on the other side....any thoughts?
Edited by yudeology101
08/23/2016 01:04 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3841 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2016  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Counterfeiter's mint sports - they decide to randomly use whatever dies they could find and make fantasy mules.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries
My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm
Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2016  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Albert to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the reply above because I happen to be documenting about a dozen or more so-called "counterfeiter's mint sports- fantasy mules" at this writing. So I appreciate others knowing about and writing about such items. In my particular case, they happen to be dragon dollars with one province name in English on one side, but a different province name in Chinese on the other side.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 1,557Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Forums