Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Another Ebay Comedy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,112Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
tenbobbit's Avatar
United Kingdom
701 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  10:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Before you say anything, I already have my batwings out to deflect the flak
I was bored and went looking and spotted a coin I was actually after so I bid and won and then the wait begins.
No tracking info or communication from the seller so I wasn't that hopeful.
This is the coin I paid for, rough but tired of waiting for 1 to appear so I grabbed it.
javascript:; ( having issues getting the link up )

I purchased - Valerian provincial/ Anazarbus -SNG COP 61

This is what came instead -


Another-Ebay-Comedy

Another-Ebay-Comedy

So, I buy a Valerian provincial & get a Severus Alexander instead

Sometimes all you can do is laugh

Damn, my link didn't work !!
Edited by tenbobbit
10/09/2016 10:35 am
Pillar of the Community
TypeCoin971793's Avatar
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  12:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops...
Moderator
Learn More...
echizento's Avatar
United States
23731 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not what you bought, but not a bad looking coin that you received. Are you going to try an return it?
Pillar of the Community
tenbobbit's Avatar
United Kingdom
701 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its going back Ron, probably worth more than the 1 I bought but the seller offered a full refund so no drama.
I feel sorry for the person who got my coin instead
If that excuse is true
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34562 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tenbobbit, maybe you should start bidding on some coins you don't like so that you can pick up something on your want list.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1047 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Biancasdad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am wondering if this is the coin you won just because I was ready to try and take it but spaced out and forgot to bid.

If it is, I am happy you won it at such a great price!!
Another-Ebay-Comedy
Edited by Biancasdad
10/09/2016 4:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Finn235's Avatar
United States
6130 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller probably saw the "VAL" at 10-11:00 and stopped attribution right there.

Been there. When I bought the lot with my Philip I antoninianus, it was sold as "Lot of 15 Roman AE + 1 AR Volusian".
Pillar of the Community
tenbobbit's Avatar
United Kingdom
701 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tenbobbit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Biancasdad - no that wasn't the 1, mine had Selene on the reverse, I don't know what is wrong with my PC but I cant get links to work
@Finn - I know what you are saying regarding the legends, Valerian & Macrinus look very similar on provincials when they have some wear and tear.
@Spence - just solved that 1 for now, finally won an auction lot earlier so I have something interesting on its way soon
Valued Member
joeysanders627's Avatar
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2016  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joeysanders627 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least you got something. Hopefully, this seller will be more careful in the future.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 1,112Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Forums