Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Victoria Shieldback And Silver Sovereign Holder.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 713Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
DavidUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
2624 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2016  2:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DavidUK to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I haven't really added much recently to my English coins, I have been distracted a little visiting antique fairs and collecting various small nick-nacks instead.

So on a coin theme I bought this sovereign case by the maker Sampson Mordan (famous for inventing propelling pencils) dated 1897 and covered in hallmarks for 925 silver.

After a couple of weeks sitting there it was playing on my mind that it should have a sovereign to go inside but the only ones I have are uncirculated and I don't want to get them scratched up... therefore I ordered this bun head shield back in less than perfect condition to keep inside.

An eye watering experience for me because the last time I bought sovereigns they were £80 each, and now with metal priced being what they are it was several times that price ^^ Oh well, I guess its safer than currency is at the moment :-)



Victoria-Shieldback-And-Silver-Sovereign-Holder.

Victoria-Shieldback-And-Silver-Sovereign-Holder.

Victoria-Shieldback-And-Silver-Sovereign-Holder.
  Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 713Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Forums