I'm still thinking I'm missing something because Liberty is going to have to hop on a Half Dollar if she gets any bigger. Really not a lot of need for close ups...hopefully. If so I'll get to it tomorrow for you. It's everywhere on the obverse.
This is one of the best tips I can give for anyone that hunts varieties no matter their experience. Put together a set of coins that encompasses the dates you would normally search. There are many resources that show detailed photos of varieties but none that show normal coins for detailed reference. Year to year the design of a coin can change slightly and having a reference set is invaluable.
The letters RTY are almost twice the width as another 84 I was comparing it to. I figured it something similar to maybe a 1970 D Washington quarter. Not a lot of compression so not completely obvious separation. Maybe I should have a side by side with another quarter
The design for that year looked like the '4' was enlarged, they all looked that way. Slight MD was common on these I found on the Coinfacts coin examples. Just part of the design for that year mostly. Common
Thanks for the info all. I wanted to just share a pic just so you know what I was looking at in comparison respectively. I'm going to use an 86 because I don't know where the 84 went But everything just looks so thick on the 84.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use