Personally I'd say the Ef45 looks closer to a vf35, but I personally wouldn't say it looks cleaned. As for The Au-50 I actually think PCGS was pretty on the money with her.
Quote: .The other AU50 is in my collection. And yes, I think it is optimistically graded.
Yea, I find PCGS' "definition" of AU is usually quite... Loose? I find most of the coins PCGS grades AU-58 seem to fall anywhere within the Au50 to MS60 range usually lower looking than AU58 and most PCGS AU50s I have seen seem to more resemble ICCS EF-40s.
That is true...I routinely have ICCS EF40s jump up to PCGS AU50 or PCGS AU53...although these days ICCS is starting to slip...
But there are about 20% ICCS EF40s that are cleaned and scratched that would be rejected by PCGS completely...
I think in 10 years...ICCS will not be around...and PCGS will likely step in and take over the Canadian market, when they open an office in Canada and offer competitive prices
Eh can't entirely disagree with You C-V. Both fine examples of why collectors should try and learn to grade a bit on their own. Also can't deny its a nice advantage when PCGS will certify certain Canadian coin variety's that ICCS won't (at least from what I have heard).
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use