I bought most of them for about 12x to 13.5x face value. I had a few from my dad and I found a couple roll hunting, and was able to trade some of my duplicates to fill holes.
........Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !!....It's truly a thing of beauty !!.......Betcha feel on top of the world at this !......(and there's nothing wrong with a "used blue Whitman album!!)..............nice !!
Very nice. I put my sets together on the cheap as well - my Peace dollar set (minus the 1928) was <$50 each (most in the mid $20 range) except for the 1921 (my one splurge).
I'm doing a set of silver Roosevelts and add some when I can find the EF-AU for around $1-2 (they pop up at coin shows in the dig baskets in this range). I would also suggest the wartime Mercs as a fun set (or subset according to some).
Nice job on the album - I might have to try one of those sometime
I have also been focusing on Mercury dimes for quite some time. I have all but 38s, 21, 21d, 16d in an album(No Variations 42/1 or micro s either). I fear I won't be doing the banana dance for awhile on that one though. Even if I buy the 16d in the future, I doubt it will ever slum it with the other dates in my album....
Roosevelts should be fun and alot easier, especially since I am going for the old dansco 46-68
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use