| Author |
Replies: 9 / Views: 1,000 |
|
|
Valued Member
353 Posts |
*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. Titles are important! ***These 3 pennies are the only things of interest this Cat could glean today. 1968d die chip in R. 1966 small 1 in date. 2005d irregular space between columns.    
|
|
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79456 Posts |
Coin #1 is a Broken Die Post. Coin #2 was caused by an over polished die (that's why the 1 is small in size). Coin #3 Looks normal.
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Valued Member
 353 Posts |
So the bump in the space between the columns is not noteworthy at all? It was a bit difficult to photograph, as that part is still very shiny.
|
|
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts |
Yea, not much came up in that hairball, did it? #3 maybe a plating bubble or an attempt to remove a die clash that dipped too far into the design, think a bubble.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Looks like #3 is starting die die chip. Die chips often don't happen all at once, but continue to crumble away.  This coin was a 2008 cent.
|
|
Valued Member
 353 Posts |
Was that made by photographing a progressing die chip over lot of coins from the same run?
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
I received two rolls of OBW 2008 plain cents from a friend and I was able to find different examples from the rolls of die progression of the die that struck this batch. I took the images and used a base image and then added the difference areas one at a time to make a GIF image. That way it shows the progression.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79456 Posts |
Quote: I received two rolls of OBW 2008 plain cents from a friend and I was able to find different examples from the rolls of die progression of the die that struck this batch. I took the images and used a base image and then added the difference areas one at a time to make a GIF image. That way it shows the progression. Awesome Coop! That's pretty cool. 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
2226 Posts |
Quote: Yea, not much came up in that hairball,  I need to go back to school to learn how to do that stuff Coop! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
I taught myself. I've been using this program for over 20+ years. Still learning.
|
| |
Replies: 9 / Views: 1,000 |
|