I just happened upon this on the internet, all new to me. I'm certain the mods will move, but I didn't know where else to post this. This is the only category I ever post in. https://www.NGCcoin.com/boards/topi...n-last-post/
There's a little more discussion on another forum I can't link to. There are a couple of references to books that might have more information on the topic:
One says that Edward Rochette's book "Making Money" states the mintage of 1927 nickels was supplemented by an illegal operation run by three individuals in Monroe.
The other reference is for David W. Lange's book on buffalos, but it's not clear he mentions this Monroe operation.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use