Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection!








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Is This A Mint Error? Should I Send It In?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,214Next Topic  
New Member
Long John Silver's Avatar
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  7:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Long John Silver to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers

I found this coin in a BU Roll of 1954 S Cents. I'm trying to find out what I should do with it. Any help please? ThanksIs-This-A-Mint-Error?-Should-I-Send-It-In?
Is-This-A-Mint-Error?-Should-I-Send-It-In?
Is-This-A-Mint-Error?-Should-I-Send-It-In?
Is-This-A-Mint-Error?-Should-I-Send-It-In?
Is-This-A-Mint-Error?-Should-I-Send-It-In?
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a couple of die chips here, in the 9 of the date and perhaps starting in the 5 of the date and the B in Liberty.



to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
06/30/2019 7:35 pm
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No is the main anwser. Unless the coin is worth more than $100+, I would not send it in. These die chips are so common, they do not add any premium. The coin is in the Less than a dollar range. (Just because the coin is a nice coin) If it were a dark brown circulated coin, probably in the 3 cent range. I don't see a variety on the obverse that would warrant a premium from the images I'm seeing.
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coins with these sorts of minor errors are incredibly common on cents of the mid-1950s.
Bedrock of the Community
Errers and Varietys's Avatar
United States
79456 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF! Die Chips are very common on the 1950's Lincoln Wheat Cents. And no, not worth getting it graded by a TPG. Save your money.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34563 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2019  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@LJS, first welcome to CCF. Second, while not worth slabbing, you certainly could keep it in a 2x2 for safekeeping.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196278 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Forums