Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2019 W First Reverse Proof Cent Question.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 958Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I purchased a 2019 W First reverse cent proof, ( it was cheap enough, $19.00) when I received the cent the badge on the NGC holder read something completely different from what I had received. What if anything does the badge change mean? Enclosed are two pics, the first shows what I ordered, the second is what I received.
2019-W-First-Reverse-Proof-Cent-Question.
2019-W-First-Reverse-Proof-Cent-Question.
Pillar of the Community
USSID18's Avatar
5464 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

2019-W-First-Reverse-Proof-Cent-Question.

Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They probably realized that they couldn't prove that it was the first coin struck with those dies. "Early releases" Is saying it was more of a realistic sale for the coins. (Kind of a bait and switch to me) The coin should have the same number as the auction on the badge. It obviously is not a match serial number. I know I wouldn't be happy about that deal.
Moderator
Learn More...
John1's Avatar
United States
56855 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If your into that kind of thing,the one you got is better because it says right on it "early releases". I do not collect labels,I collect coins
John1
Pillar of the Community
Jim0815's Avatar
United States
5240 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Mr.Coop. John1, I really am not into buying certified cents but thought this one was cheap enough. I think you may be right, I got the better end of that deal. They may have made a mistake in their shipping dept. Regardless, neither the reverse proof nor early release proofs in my opinion will never be valuable.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Forums