Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2006 P North Dakota Possible Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,842Next Topic  
New Member

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  3:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add xMrEvilx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
2006 P North Dakota State Quarter. Error or not?

2006-P-North-Dakota-Possible-Error?
2006-P-North-Dakota-Possible-Error?
Moderator
Learn More...
Spence's Avatar
United States
34563 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mr.e, first welcome to CCF. Second, the flatness of Washington's portrait looks like damage rather than a mint error.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xMrEvilx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spence, thank you! I'm 3 years into this and have learned a lot from my coin mentor. There are things I'd like to learn on my own and also would like more than just one opinion on. So I appreciate your thoughts on the coin :) even if it is damage, it is crazy to me that the rest of the detail made the coin but not his face
Moderator
Learn More...
jbuck's Avatar
United States
196280 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lets start with basics:
1. Weight: If normal then it maybe a Struck Through Grease error. If the coin is light it could be damage to the coin or the planchet is under weight.
2. I don't see coin scratches? If the coin scratches were there on the obverse, then it may be damage. But I'm not seeing that.
3. The inside of the edges are firm, so that could be a Struck Through Grease issue.
4. Reverse looks normal. So more information would be helpful. #1 weight.
New Member
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xMrEvilx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Coop I'll have to do some more research on this, as I said I am fairly new in the last 3 years. I'll check the weight and get back to you guys
(EDIT) I checked the weight on a scale at work and it says 6 grams, but I am not 100% sure if it rounds up to the nearest gram
Edited by xMrEvilx
05/04/2020 8:45 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,842Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums