Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsVancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1979 Susan B Anthony Silver Dollar..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 783Next Topic  
New Member

United States
25 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  11:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AutumnStorms88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Took this to a coin dealer in Raleigh, NC, the man told me to send the coin off for certifying & if I wanted to; put it up for sale on the Internet for $300-$500.. I prefer to keep collecting right now though! Just trying to gather as much info as possible & some of these websites are just irritating to deal with so I will ask y'all...

There is doubling around the Mint Mark, as it's also filled in..
Also why is it called a A SILVER DOLLAR when it has copper on the edge?
1979-Susan-B-Anthony-Silver-Dollar..
1979-Susan-B-Anthony-Silver-Dollar..
New Member
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AutumnStorms88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have to take new pictures when I get home from work.. don't know what's going on but this coin does not look like this & is in good condition
Bedrock of the Community
coop's Avatar
United States
62064 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this image says it all:
1979-Susan-B-Anthony-Silver-Dollar..
The info was wrong about being a 'Silver Dollar'. If it a SBA (Susan B Anthony) dollar. The least desirable back in the day. They got spent as quarters. (because the sizes were close) 1979-1981. also a 1999 issue. Why? They started making vending machines for them to be used in.
Pillar of the Community
hfjacinto's Avatar
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't tell based on your pictures, but I had ones in AU, that I gave away. The others I deposited at the bank, they gave me a $1 for each. I think yours is worth exactly $1.
Pillar of the Community
Big-Kingdom's Avatar
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
your picture is too small and pixelated to make anything out. Mayber it's a Wide Rim (near date)? But I'd think it would have to get to MS66 candidate? or MS67 to get to "hundreds of dolalrs" values.

I think graded MS65 is like $60 But probably shoots up some to the $300 range at MS66.

Can't ell anything from these pictures though except that it's shiny. sorry.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 783Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Forums