Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

1806 G.b. Half Penny Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,741Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Indian1's Avatar
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2008  09:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
Hello

I was wondering if this coin (Km #662)
is normally in the coin position as opposed
to the usual G.B. medal position ?

Thank's
Pillar of the Community
KurtS's Avatar
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2008  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
All I have close to that is a 1797 Farthing, which has medal alignment.
I don't have any halfpennies from that exact period--hopefully others can comment?
Pillar of the Community
QuickSilver's Avatar
United Kingdom
1077 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2008  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuickSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The die axis on these should be coin alignment.

KurtS if you are following this thread, I believe the 1797 farthing is a pattern and should probably also be coin aligned?
Edited by QuickSilver
12/07/2008 12:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
KurtS's Avatar
United States
5318 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2008  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KurtS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops! Mine was a 1799. It's actually been sold, so I'm just going by memory. I'm glad that others here know.
Pillar of the Community
Indian1's Avatar
United States
3640 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2008  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Indian1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.K. Thank you much.
I was going over some later year half and one penny
and I know those were all medal. When I flipped this one
i thought it was odd. Was hoping anyway !
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 2,741Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums