Quote: It could be a strike through but kinda hard to tell with the pictures. You can take it out of the 2x2 for pictures you won't hurt that thing!
I don't believe a "Strike Through" would have raised details. I was mistaken about the year...it is a 2015-P, and unfortunately has Rolling Machine Damage on the obverse side.
I don't think the photo outside of the flip will shows any different details.
I have also never seen anything like this before, and I have searched through likely 100s of thousands of coins over my lifetime. The raised detail sort of appears to in the same shape as some of the letters on the coin. Since I and no one else has seen anything similar, I am leaning towards a plating or Planchet issue.... otherwise, if this is the result of some kind of Die issue, others would have been minted, and likely already identified.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use