Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall 300,000 items to help build your collection! Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

For Grading - 1881 H Canada Large Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,129Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
HumblePie's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  4:50 pm Show Profile   Check HumblePie's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message Number of Subscribers
I would like to hear some thoughts on where this Cent could Grade. The Luster is good. Thanks!




For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
Pillar of the Community
mrwhatisit's Avatar
United States
3008 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Id estimate this to be about an AU-58 at least.
Pillar of the Community
Silver101's Avatar
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly AU - I don't know enough about what MS brown copper looks like to guage if it could go higher. A beauty regardless....
Bedrock of the Community
Coinfrog's Avatar
United States
94367 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin looks immaculate. Agree, certainly not less than AU-58, but something like MS-64 BN would not surprise.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/20/2021 7:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5656 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say AU but, if the toning I see isgreenish, it could be PVC contamination that would detract. Pretty coin
Pillar of the Community
1960NYGiants's Avatar
United States
688 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin looks to have AU/Unc details but the color looks wrong. I suspect it has been chemically cleaned and recolored with brown shoe polish. Dip it in acetone for a minute to see how much comes off.
LM of RCNA
Member of CATC
Pillar of the Community
HumblePie's Avatar
United States
1217 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  12:42 am  Show Profile   Check HumblePie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took the Coin out of this ICCS flip. From what I understand the 2 letter on the certification # indicates it is an older Grade/Flip. I do not see any residue from what you would think some shoe polish would leave behind. I'm not much of a "dipper" on Coppers. So far I am really loving the Coins that are coming out of these older ICCS flips. I have 4 more on the way.


For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
For-Grading---1881-H-Canada-Large-Cent
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,129Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.



    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Forums