I am not sure what the issue is with these coins. It almost looks like somebody tried to re laminate them? Dipped them in copper? I dont know. Came in bank box of 50 rolls. Reverse and obverse are like new shiny copper, but both sides appear to be lifting and details are hard to make out. Sorry pics are lousy. Trying to get the hang of photography. Any input would be appreciated. Thank You. Shane V.
Unfortunately can't help you with the supplied pictures. Try steadying your camera/phone up against something stationary to prevent movement when taking pictures.
I've still not seen on that was done in a rock tumbler, but I could imagine it would look like this? But it is not, a mint error. Someone altered the coin.
Here are a couple pics that are about as sharp as I can get on this coin. I agree with coop. Just curious as to what was done here. Probably avoid seller in the future. Also curious about wheaties in the 50's. Partially filled in 9 and fat five on some 52's and 7's. Common? And what is it? Die chip, or damage? Thank you for responses and I will work on my picture taking.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use