So, here's another at work find. It weighs 2.3g and is just a hair smaller in diameter compared to other dimes. It is, however, wider. I'm not sure if someone cleverly did this, or if it's an actual error coin. If more pics are needed, let me know and I will do the best I can. I recently got a camera and am trying to figure out how to take coin pics with it. So, for now, phone pics it is.
Yes, A spooned coin, it made the rim wider and a bit smaller in dimeter.. Don't think it was a Dryer Coin as I do not see any massive damage to the center like we do to the rims.
When I was a kid (back in the '60's, we used to go outside (mom made us go out cause of the noise) and spoon quarters and Kennedy' halves to make rings. Dad would drill them out for us..
That kept us busy for hours and hours each day....
For me, the easiest way to differentiate between a spooned coin and Dryer Coin is the edge appears dapped or dimpled on spooned coins, whereas the edge seems to be smoother on Dryer Coins.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push." -----Ghanaian proverb
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed." -----King Adz
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use