I've never seen a dime like this, I go through my change once a year and make sure I take out anything with silver in it. Found this odd dime in the mix and tried to find anything online about it, found nothing which makes me think its tampered with. But I don't see how/why someone would make it look this way. The edge of the coin is smooth and copper colored, the rim is raised much higher on the head side, and on the tails side the tops of the letters are underneath the rim. Anyone have any clarification? Sorry if the pictures aren't up to par, I don't have a great camera for this. Thanks in advance!
Dryer coin. Note how the devices are moved to the edge of the coin? That is from the tumbling in a commercial dryer: The longer the ride, the more damage that happens to the coin: Just a spendable coin. Damaged coins are face value coins.
I have few Ps and couple of Ds!. not yet certified!. It seems 10c dime minted in Philly seems to be bad quality besides too many errors, doubling etc!. Look out for two eyes, two mouths, eyes are pretty prominent doubling, mouths, second strike (multiple strikes) mouth can be noticed juxtaposed, you can see the corner (small portion) of second one. 2006-P sure is interesting coin..!.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use