| Author |
Replies: 9 / Views: 1,005 |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
4618 Posts |
Take a look at these images and let me know if this is an RPM. I've tried to match my coin with the Variety Vista and Wexler's pages, but I just don't know. This is the first time I've used my new Elikliv Digital Microscope. It makes coin searching EASY and takes great pictures as well! Click on the picture for a larger image
  ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!! 
Edited by Yokozuna 10/05/2022 12:37 pm
|
|
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107820 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6244 Posts |
Seem to be one of the 164 RPM's for this year. Which? it is the question to answer.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
56855 Posts |
Might be an RPM. Too much glare in your photos. John1 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
5897 Posts |
Certainly looks like notching on that lower serif to me. After a quick search on VV, I found these close to yours. (Check the MM placement and markers as I was short on time.) http://varietyvista.com/02b%20LC%20...20(1-60).htm#55, 57, 63, 69, 110. Some of the images on VV made it hard to see on the south side of the MM. Easy viewing while searching is about half the battle. Love to see an image of the new setup in operation?
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
It would help to see the bottom edges of the date to see if they are affected like the SW edge of the lower serif? That would show it is Machine Doubling like the Lower part of the date and mintmark is showing? It maybe a Split lower serif? Or not?
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
4618 Posts |
Thanks for the replies!
@Dearborn
Thanks! I really like this setup! It's going to make searching coins so much easier. It has a 10.3" screen and is HDMI compatible so I can move the image to my PC or even a Television if I want. These images were captured with the microscopes on-board hardware and then finished in Photoshop. It will also capture video and can address a 64 gig MicroSD card (it came with a 32g card.)
@silviosi
I was surprised by the huge number of RPMs for this coin. I've used Variety Vista in the past, but I may have been a little over excited by the new microscope. I wanted to share the image as soon as I could and missed lots of detailed information from VV.
@John1
Sorry for the glare. This was the first coin I imaged with the new setup and I need to make some adjustments to the process. These were shot with the lighting at full brightness, but it has slide adjustments to dim all of the lights, I just need to find the right level.
@Petespockets55
It's a BINGO! I was just in too much of a hurry and didn't even notice the button marked (61-113) on VV. I checked each of the listings you suggested and #69 stage F is a match for mint mark placement, tilt and every die marker fits to a T.
I'll be working with the microscope a little later today and I'll take some pictures of the setup just as long as no one scolds me for posting a "picture of the screen."
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
Coppercoins have more listing for that year. Wexler has on his files a lot more. (Almost 300) So the minor RPM's could make you a hermit trying to figure them all out. I have many rolls of unlisted ones from many years. I just save them for now.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
  United States
4618 Posts |
Thanks coop! Here's an image of the date and mint mark. There is some die deterioration(?) on the date and mint mark, but with the help from Petespockets55, I'm 100% sure this is one of the MANY RPMs for the 1960-D cent. Even the split serif has the same shadow!  Also, the die chip in the 9 and the die scratch between the 9 and Lincoln's vest are listed as die markers on VV. 
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637 Clean a coin that may be worth collecting? Please DON'T! When in doubt, leave it dirty!! 
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
62064 Posts |
See the mark on the SE corner of the '1'? That is what I'm wondering is the cause of the Split serif on the lower serif? Not disqualifying the RPM, but wanted to see if this could be the cause of the lower split serif?
|
| |
Replies: 9 / Views: 1,005 |
|